Saturday, August 04, 2007

2007 MCA Class A Championships

This was the last big event I played, so I have been very inactive this year. Hopefully, I will find time to study and regain the energy and drive to resume my pursuit of moving through Class A on to Expert. My rating descended 2 points from 1840 to 1838 after scoring 2/5 with wins over Stan Jarosz and Zoran Stojanovski. I was disappointed in my score. I was hoping for a plus score, but -1 isn't that bad since this was my first chance to play in a Class A event.

4 comments:

Tony West said...

Welcome back!

Are you playing in the Metro League with us this year?

Clint Prong said...

Don't we have free entry again?

Tony West said...

Not this time. I think we only won a clock, which Ed still owes me.

Clint Prong said...

I would be much more interested if we were playing for free :)

Also, do you have any sense of how many teams are signed up to play this year? I have heard much talk of disenchantment due to the mixed classes of play.