Monday, February 13, 2006

Rating Correction

It seems that USCF ran a re-rate after placing recent tournaments in chronological order. As expected, this cost me some rating points. At the same time the Toledo February Swiss from this past Saturday was rated as well. The tournament report shows that I gained 8 points from that tournament, but because I had 17 unearned points factored into my rating... it would seem like I went down. My rating had been posted as 1904, which established a new floor of 1700 for me. However, after the re-rate my rating is 1898. Furthermore, there is no evidence to show why I have a floor of 1700 as my rating appears to have never crossed 1900. Not sure if this is intentional programming or just a glitch. Regarless, I plan to earn the other 2 rating points and cross 1900 legitamitely before too long.

No comments: