Sunday, January 22, 2006

2005 MCA Action Championship

The results from the 2005 MCA Action Championship, held December 10th, were finally posted on the USCF website. I scored 4/6 in this event with losses to GM-elect Ben Finegold and expert Bradley Rogers. Curiously, the last round was omitted from the crosstable. Anyhow, my 4 out of 6 was good for an additional 17 rating points bringing my overall rating to 1882. It is worth noting that this event will be re-rated in late February or early March and placed in chronological order.

Fortunately, this event wasn't reported in time to make the February supplement, so I officially remain at 1798 until March 31. That gives me exactly 2 more months to rake in decent results in U1800 or Class B sections of tournaments.

Finally, I still have 4 tournaments that remain outstanding. I think I have already earned enough rating points in those 4 events to make 1890, so I am within shouting distance of my June 2006 rating goal of 1900.

No comments: