Thursday, March 23, 2006

Carrel Chess Club

Mike Carrel has been running the Carrel Chess Club on Thursday nights at 6PM at the Brand New Day Cafe in Canton, MI. The cafe is on the northwest corner of Cherry Hill and Lilley, right next door to a Subway.

Anyhow, most of the players are either D or E players, but the club is not terribly far from my house. Furthermore, Mike has been running a one game a week rated G45 "round robin" with whoever show up each week. The best part about the whole thing is that there is no cost for these games. Rated chess for free!

I took last week off and had dinner with my wife. The next day I found out that Mike had recruited Will Rhee, a fellow class A player, to come and give me a bit of a challenge. Unfortunately, I didn't realize Will was making the trek from Ann Arbor. However, I will be attending this week, March 23rd. Hopefully I will have an opportunity to play Will.

No comments: